Sunday, November 21, 2010

Making Pies!!

My Meme came into town today to stay with us and to teach me how to make homemade pies! I am so excited about this. It seems like baking from scratch is a lost art and I wanted to learn how to before I lost the chance to anymore. She is such a good sport!

She is 90 years old and we made pies for three hours!! My back is killing me and she never once complained about teaching me and standing for three hours...I LOVE this lady!!

Before she came she had already made two pies...Pineapple Dream and Cherry Cream pie and then we made Chocolate, Apple and Coconut Cream pies. Her pies are famous in Lamesa! She will make pies for her church as a fundraiser and her pies go for big bucks so I am honored to have her teach me.

Farrah was so excited to see Meme. Farrah put bows in Meme's hair (growing up we were NEVER able to even touch Meme's hair so Farrah must me extra special!) At one point she had climbed up on the couch and made herself at home in Meme's lap and I think Meme love it! I'm pretty sure I have heard Farrah say Meme like 1,000 today. We told Meme to just ignore her because Farrah would say Meme and she would come running. Needless to say I think Meme is worn out today!





Thanks Meme your the best!!!

My first homemade apple pie...crust and everything from scratch!

1 comment:

The Louders said...

How sweet!! And what a priceless time with Meme!
I think she should sport a bow more often, it's so cute. Hehe. Do u have any pie left? I think I need to taste it to see if I approve. :) ha, looks so yummy! Happy Thanksgiving!