Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Laugh or Cry?

We had a very interesting weekend. We went camping with our college group Zoe. There were around 45 people who went. What a funny weekend. We started off by putting up tents for everyone and three hours later we had enough for everyone. The worst part about the whole weekend were those dang biting flies!! I have never been so frustrated with flies in my whole life. We could not escape them. The first night James and Heath built a nice fire for everyone to enjoy. So on our way to our "tent" (we slept in trailer) Heath told Josh and Paige that he and James might come by later and scare everyone. So the next morning Paige asked Heath if he came by the camp site or was that a real animal they heard. It was a real animal!! All we could figure out was that it was a coyote and it caught a rabbit and the rabbit was screaming. So that kinda freaked some of the girls out. Then we heard a couple of the girls decided to sleep outside by the campfire. Do they not know that there are wild animals and they will attack you? There are snakes that look for warmth and will craw into your sleeping bag...I'm glad I slept in a travel trailer!! We had a great time, I think God really spoke to everyone there. I know He spoke to me!! I love it when He tells me that this weekend was just for me and everything that was spoken was just for me. It makes me feel so special!! The funniest part was going home. Have you ever just wanted to get home so badly and then everything goes wrong? Well that's what happened to us. We knew we were getting low on gas and James was watching for everything, the gas light was not on yet and it also tells you how much gas you have left. It said we had 23 miles left before empty. We were two miles away from a gas station and the truck dies and we had ran out of gas!! So we got to make some phone calls for help and James' dad came to the rescue. After we finally filled up with gas we went home and unloaded the trailer to take it back to Levelland to James' parents house and at Smyer a tire blew on the trailer!! I was following behind James and was calling him to pull over. When I saw him he just started cracking up laughing!! That is one of the many things I love about James. He can find humor in almost anything!! We finally got home around 5:30 when we should have gotten home around three. What a weekend!! Here are some pictures of the weekend.



This is the waterfall everyone was jumping.


My very first smore!!


James changing the tire on the trailer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. We had a blast with y'all this weekend. Sorry we weren't there to help you and James in your time of need!

Paige Allen said...

So glad you came with us! It was an adventure!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a weekend you won't forget. First smore, huh!