Friday, March 27, 2009

Unemployed!!

Yesterday was a big day. I gave my employer my notice. I would not even call it a notice. A notice you give a least two weeks, I'm just not going back to work. Thankfully my boss is my brother-in-law, Jay. I think he knew there was a big possibility that I was not coming back and he was not surprised at all. He was excited for us that I was going to be able to stay home. I called James after my lunch with Jay and told him. I have worked since I has 14 years old and to not be working any more is kinda weird for me. I know the job I have at home will be a lot harder than any other job I've ever had and it's already proving that. But at the same time I've known my entire life that I wanted to be a mommy and I am thrilled to FINALLY get the opportunity to fulfil my dreams!!

4 comments:

Fortner said...

I highly recommend this job. There is nothing more rewarding than to be apart of all of the firsts that your child will have. I love it and wouldn't change it for anything. You will do a great job!!

mandal said...

Yay for unemployment! So happy for you!

Jenifer Davidson said...

Congrats on being unemployed! You will work your rear off at the new job. The pay is lousy BUT the smiles, laughter and sweet baby in your arms is worth every bit of sweat and stress it takes to raise a beautiful family! I am so excited for yall. Congratulations again on your baby girl!

Jodie, Jerry and Julie said...

Congratulations...We are looking forward to meeting the new great-niece and I know that you will and James will be great parents...now you have a little dancer..