Sunday, March 1, 2009

How it all Began

I was talking to some friends last night they encouraged me to write a blog about how this all began.

We started trying for a baby eight years ago. I look back and there is so much heart ache and so much joy. We tried for one year and then all the testing started. All the blood work came back normal and no reason why we couldn't get pregnant. So we changed doctor's and for another year we tried and still nothing. About three years into this process I had to go on Acutane. If you've ever heard or been on this drug it's pretty bad. I had to go on birth control and was very upset about it. For one year we could not try to get pregnant. After the year was up we got permission to start trying again and another year went by. After another year our doctor sent us to a fertility doctor. After much more testing we were told that I needed surgery for endometriosis. So I think it was that same week I was off to surgery to only find out that there was really no endometriosis. During that time James and I felt led to go ahead and name our children. Our daughter's name would be Farrah Nichole. This was five years ago. From what I've been told every lady has it only some have it severe. So I had the normal endometriosis that you should have. So a week later the Dr's started me on the Clomid and the insemination process. We did this three times with no success. So you can only imagine how disappointed we were. We were checking out of the Dr's office and the nurse calls for a girl and her name is Farrah. James and I just looked at each other and just smiled. We knew we were doing the right thing and that was God's way of letting us know He was in control. So after that we just got really tired of trying and gave up. So the summer of 2007 we lead a mission trip to Croatia and had a wonderful time. We were getting the itch to start trying again and decided that when we got home we would. On that trip God put so many incredible women in our path. At one of the services we were asked to go pray for someone and God led me to this lady. I had no idea why so I went up to her and asked her if I could pray for her and she said yes. Her prayer request was for a family. Her and her husband had been trying for a year to have a baby and it was not working for them. I knew right then and there that I was in the right place. So that Wednesday night James preached about not giving up and he shared our story about us trying to have a family of our own. The pastor's wife wanted to pray for us because she had a special anointing to pray for women who wanted to get pregnant. So in her language she prayed for us to have a family. I have no idea what she said but when we came home that August we found out that we were pregnant!! Praise God!! I had called my sister and was just telling her that I didn't feel right and she encouraged me to go get a blood pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive. We were just overjoyed!! My doctor did all the blood work and realized my progesterone was low and put me on medicine to correct it. I was 12 weeks pregnant and miscarried. We were devastated!! We went to my doctor and all he said to me was "You're not suppose to get pregnant anyway". We left that office that day very sadden and hurt because I felt like he didn't believe in us. So that afternoon James and I were having lunch and James began to pray. "God we don't understand but we know your in control" That prayer changed my life. I already knew James was a man of God but that day he was the strongest man of God I had ever seen!! So we were walking in healing and changed doctor's. We found this incredible doctor who is a strong believer of Christ. He met with us and did more blood work and nine months later we found out we were pregnant again. Our doctor realized that I had low progesterone and that was the reason I was not getting pregnant and why I could not keep a pregnancy. At eight weeks I miscarried again. It was Easter weekend of 2008. Again we were devastated and did not understand. We had so many people come to our defense and pray for us like never before. God brought so many incredible women in my path that had gone through the same thing.
I'm sitting here and can't sleep and wide awake and so excited to get Farrah home today. Last night some amazing friends came to the rescue and came over to help clean my house and get it organized before we bought Farrah home. Thanks Kelsey and Abby, I could not have done it with out you!! So we are off to the hospital to take home this precious blessing. We are scared to death and excited at the same time. The birth mom is suppose to go to our lawyers office and sign paper's this morning so be praying for her as she does this. I will write again how this happened so fast to us and share God's glory with you again.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved Part One of the story and so glad you are sharing it!! I was asking everyone at church yesterday what the back story was to this "sudden miracle".
Can't wait for Part Two!!!...

And three...

and four....

kristen lewis said...

Kelsey shared your story with me today at lunch and I cried like a baby. I am so happy for you guys. Enjoy your little miracle- she is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over and let me love on your little blessing. I wish I had held her more, but I needed to share. She is such a sweet little girl, and I can't wait to plan playdates!!! It's amazing how quickly God answered our prayers from last weekend.

mandal said...

What an amazing testimony! I so respect both of y'all. For your faith, for not giving up, and loving Jesus through all of this! Y'all are so amazing and meant to be Farrah's parents!

Kelli Archer said...

Thank you for sharing the beginning of this amazing story. I am so excited for both of you and I am in awe of how God shines through your testimony! Can't wait to hear the rest and see pics of your precious daughter!