Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Family Vacation!

We had a GREAT time in Grapevine this weekend. My family went to the Greatwolf Lodge and...wow!! This thing was huge. And kids everywhere!! My parents, my sister and her family and my brother's kids went, unfortunately Lance and LaJuana could not make it with us this year. We played at the water park all day Friday and Saturday and I think the kids wore the adults out. They would still be going if we let them. On Saturday morning the guys went to the Bass Pro Shop and the girls took the kids to the water park and that afternoon we switched. The girls went shopping and the guys had the kids at the water park. Farrah had a full day of shopping!! First at Bass Pro and then shopping with us girls. She got lots of looks!! James said that there were a lot of ladies making comments about her and how cute that her daddy had her at the Bass Pro Shop already. While we were shopping Shawna was holding her and a lady came up to her and asked her if she could hold the baby!! I can not believe people!! Shawna of course said NO!! Saturday evening we took all the kids to the Rain Forest Cafe and they had a great time!! All the animals going crazy and all the waiter's yelling VOLCANO. They didn't know what to do. Farrah had a little to much of this and at the end of dinner she finally lost it. So she and I got to excuse ourselves from the restaurant. What a great first family vacation.


James and Farrah's first trip to Bass Pro Shop


Rainforest Cafe


Great Wolf Lodge

I want to leave you an update on Farrah. She gave me her first smile last Thursday!! Oh my goodness talk about my heart melting!! She smiled and James Friday morning and he was just as excited. She smiled all weekend for my family and they just fell more in love with her!! Her umbilical cord FINALLY fell off and she had her first "real" bath this weekend. It was with me because we could not fit one more thing in the car so her bath had to stay behind. James got to help with that..it really scares me holding her when she is wet because she is real slippery. James wanted to take a picture of her first bath but I shot that one down (I think you know where I'm going with that).

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun family trip! I want to go Great Wolf this summer. I've never been, but heard it is fabulous, especially for kids! That Farrah is such a doll!

Jessie said...

hey,just thought i'd share a tip. My boys loved to take showers with me. I had them in the shower with me when they were just a couple of days old. However, they do get really slippery. I would put the boys in a white onesie. Leave it unbuttoned and its really easy to get everything clean and they are not as slippery. Just slide the onesie off before you hand her off to James for a towel. Plus it helped them feel more secure. I can't wait to see her up close. You are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip. I can't wait to go to the Great Wolf.

I enjoyed holding miss Farrah last night, thanks for sharing! She is a doll.