Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nobody Told Me Mommy Would Cry!!

Yesterday started out great!! I had an invite to try a new workout. It started at 6am and I was so excited to go. I haven't worked out since Farrah was born. Farrah had a doctor's appointment later that afternoon for her two month check-up and shots. She is doing great!! She weighs 10.1 pounds and 23.8 inches long!! She is long and skinny. She is in the 30th percentile for her weight and 95th percentile for her height!! She had a great visit and then came the nurse with the shots and it went down hill from there. I was not planning on watching at all. To tell you the truth I would've gone to the lobby if I could have!! The nurse was new and asked me to hold Farrah's arms down so she wouldn't hit any of the needle's!! I did NOT want to do that but had no choice. The first shot went in and Farrah was VERY upset and then the second and third one's were done I could pick her up and console her. But here's the part I was not expecting, I cried!! Nobody told me that I would cry. After I picked up Farrah the nurse is asking me if I was ok because I couldn't even speak. Then my wonderful doctor, since I've known forever, came in and checked on us. She saw me crying and said "It's ok I cried with all of mine too"!! So the more I talked to friends and family about Farrah's appointment yesterday I didn't feel so bad because most of them cried at their babies shots as well.

Later that evening we went over to watch 24 at Heath and Kelsey's house and Farrah had bath time with Madison. Madison was so cute!! She was so exited to have Farrah in her bathtub. She kept saying baby, baby. And of course we took pictures of bath time. Just can't wait til Abby has her baby in the tub with Farrah and Madison!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What adorbable bathing beauties we have! Madi was loving a bath buddy. We will have to do it again!!!

Jessie said...

i cried when my boys got their first shots too.

Misti said...

What a precious baby girl you have! I absolutely LOVE the pics of you and Farrah that you had taken for James and y'alls anniversary!!! You look beautiful and motherhood definitely agrees with you! Cute pics of the bath here too!

mandal said...

Thank you for letting me hold Farrah this morning! She is so sweet! Taylor and Averi just loove her:)