Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy weekend!

We had one busy weekend! We traveled all weekend. On Friday we went to Lamesa and got to see my meme. This was Farrah's first time to meet her great-grandmother and we were super excited to see her. We barely made it through the front door before meme had her hands on Farrah, I guess she was just as excited to meet Farrah as we were. My biggest prayer through this whole journey was for my grandparents to have a relationship with my children. James and I lost four grandparents the year we were married and I know they are precious to us and I know they won't be around forever. Farrah has met both of her great-grandmother's and hopefully very soon she will get to meet her great-grandpa!! I have always wanted a four generation picture as well and I got one!! My brother and sister both have one and I really wanted one as well. All of our grandparents played a major roll in our lives and what a huge blessing to have our own grandparents be apart of this next generation!! I asked meme how many great-grandchildren she had and thinks its around 14 or more she's lost count!!
On Saturday we were off to Amarillo for my nephew Lucas' birthday. Lance and LaJuana hadn't seen Farrah in a month and I know she has changed and they were excited to get their hands on her!! Again, I barely made it through the door before aunt's and uncle's and grandparents got their hand's on her. We had a great time and I miss seeing my brother and his family.
On Sunday it was Farrah's very first Easter!! At Farrah's 5am feeding I was thinking about Easter and the great sacrifice God had for us and was overwhelmed. Here I am holding my own child and could not possibly think about giving her up to save people who made fun of Him, who mocked Him and really didn't believe in Him. Thank you God for such a precious gift!! Our church service was amazing!! James has to work the Easter service and is not able to enjoy the service. For the last three years James has not seen one Easter service but his has a very important job and is under armed security so we understand!! Farrah slept through the entire service, thank you Jesus!! I have not gotten to sit through one entire service yet with her. After church we headed to Levelland for a full day of family. First my family and then James' family. We had such a great time with family this weekend!! We did the egg hunt and ate to much food, as usual!! Farrah got to see her other great-grandmother, James' grandmother and she pretty much held her the entire time. It was funny because we were outside watching the girls hunt eggs and we had Farrah bundled up and grandma turned to me and said "Let me have that baby we're going inside." I would not tell her no for nothing!! All I said was "Yes Mam"!! I love James' grandmother as my own and I know she loves Farrah and it was a true blessing to see grandma with Farrah!! She still has the touch!!
We had such a busy weekend that today we will spend the day at home to let both of us rest.

Farrah meeting meme for the first time!!


Four generation's!!


Happy Easter


Great-grandma has Farrah relaxed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!! I love th 4 generation picture, and that family picture is wonderful. Frame that one for sure. Thanks for letting me hold Farrah yesterday. Man, she makes me want another one!

mandal said...

What a cute family picture of y'all! And I love the four generation one too! I can't believe it's already been a month. And I still have that bumbo and boppy if you want it. The bumbo is blue and the boppy is black with white polka dots!