Friday, April 3, 2009

Bath Time

Farrah LOVES her bath!! I sing a little song before she gets in and she just smiles and kicks her feet. She is way to cute to watch. I think this is one of my favorite part of my day with her. Its just Farrah and mommy. We do a lot of talking and a lot of singing and dancing. I asked James the other night to bath her and I think he's still a little scared to do that which is totally fine. He's afraid he's going to drop her but one day Farrah I promise you your daddy will have bath time with his "precious". This has become James' nickname for Farrah. Every time he comes home or leaves for work or even holds her he calls her precious and she just looks at him and smiles. She knows she already has her daddy wrapped around her little finger!! I had to take her to the doctor for a weigh in on Monday and she is getting so big!!! She now weighs 8lbs 12oz!! Wow what five weeks can do. Just to think that she started out at 5lbs 14oz. I can really tell she's gained when I have to carry her in her car seat. I don't think my back and shoulders will EVER be the same. I keep asking James if I can move her car seat by the door and he is not having that. It's safer in the middle but my my back and shoulders can't hardly lift her from the middle any more. I guess it will be time for me to go back to the gym soon and lift some weight so I can get stronger to lift this little "big" girl!!

Here is a picture of bath time.


I going to be honest with you...I had my first breakdown as a new mommy this week. I think I really scared James. I am completely worn out and Farrah had fussed all day and James came home to a crying baby and crying wife. I realized that I am a people person and not a home body and it is VERY hard for me to stay home all day. The only time I was getting out of the house was to go and tan and James could stay with Farrah. And it doesn't help that my own mother knows me to well. When I get so exhausted I usually end up sick and sure enough after talking to mom on Wednesday she told her she could hear how tired I was and needed to get rest or I would be sick and Thursday morning I woke up with a horrible head cold. It kinda freaks me out that after 30 years my mom still knows me that well...I guess I will do this same thing to Farrah one day. I told my mom that I had a break down and she was not surprised at all!! She told me that she was wondering when it was going to happen!! So I decided that I need something to do. I need to be around people!! So if anybody is bored and needs something to do please call me!! Well its bed time here in the Fortner home so goodnight!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,
I don't have a blog but I sure love to read everyone else's and after reading yours today it made me think of a song sang by Darius Rucker. The name of the song is, It won't be like this for long. If you haven't heard it and have time, listen to it. It is a tearjeaker so grab a kleenex. It reminds us parents to be in the moment no matter what the moment is because our babies grow so fast and it won't be like this for long.
Take care,
Angela Long

mandal said...

Hey Jennifer...I get bored:) You can call me!

mandal said...

Hey Girl! Question for ya! Do you have a boppy pillow and a bumbo? If not I have one of each for you.