Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kitchen tour!

I love linking up with Kelly's Korner and her home tours!  This week it's kitchens and well I must say I LOVE my kitchen! 

We moved in and painted all the bedrooms but left the kitchen blank until I could get a vision for it.  I really wanted something different and warm and I think I have it.

I painted the yellow color first and let it dry over night and then James helped me add the stripes.  All the stripes are is a glaze over the yellow so its very subtle and that what I wanted.  You can't see it very well in pictures but in person it looks GREAT!  I have more comments on my kitchen then any other room in my house (Farrah's room is a close second...haha!).

This is the view from my living room. I'm in the process of looking for new bar stools and haven't found the right ones yet. 


View from my dining room.



View from my laundry room.



Lastly, my dining room.  I had this vision for these chairs to all be different colors and I chickened out at the last minute so I really need to find all matching chairs. 



Thanks for stopping buy and taking a look and I love comments and any suggestions you might have...Thanks!!
 

3 comments:

Julie Rogers said...

I LOVE the yellow stripes---and the dark cabinets!

Tracy said...

Way pretty!h

Natasha said...

I LOVE the stripes! Very cool!