Monday, February 22, 2010

Parenthood isn't for the weak!

Farrah had another first this week and not a fun first either. She had her first high fever. On Thursday I took her to the doctor and she had a double ear infection so we started the antibiotics and Friday night she had gotten sick and threw up (that's a first as well). So the nurse told us to stop the antibiotics and restart on Sunday to see it she might be allergic to it. So Sunday morning she woke up from her morning nap with a fever and it got as high as 103. Talk about stressful! James was gone all weekend taking a class so I got the pleasure of trying to figure out what I should do. Should I take her to the ER and spend $5K and all they do is send me home and tell what I already know what to do or suck it up and be the mom I know I am. So I sucked it up and I'm so glad I did. Farrah isn't much a cuddlier which just breaks my heart but when she doesn't feel good that's all she wants to do. I know it's a tough job but somebody has to do it. All she wanted was her mommy, blankie and thumb. I can tell when she is tired or doesn't feel good cause that is the only time she sucks her thumb...it's pretty sweet. James got home around 7:30pm and helped me get the fever down. I stayed up til midnight to check fever again and it was still at 100. At 2am she woke up so I just moved to the couch and slept with her there. Farrah has never slept in our bed with us, she has never wanted to she loves her own bed so to be able to hold her all night and watch her sleep and hear her breath was just precious to me. I found myself just watching her all night and falling more in love with her. I told James last night that being a mommy isn't for the sissy's and I really found out how strong that mommy gene really is. To loose sleep and worry about my baby is so worth everything to know that she is ok. We are off to the doctor this morning and will be back on the mend in no time! We have to get better since this is Farrah's birthday week!

No comments: