Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wonderful First Mother's Day

Oh how I prayed for this day for so long!! I could hardly sleep last night for all the excitement of Mother's Day. For eight years I have longed to be a mom and to finally be one is more then anyone could hope for. I am so blessed to me in the "Mom Club"!! I was thinking about my own mom today and how precious a mother she is. I hope I can be half the mom she is to us three kids!! Thanks mom for all the memories you made for us and with us. I take you for granted and now that I'm a mom I understand the sacrifice you made for us and we love you for it!!

Miss Farrah decided to sleep in this morning and we had to actually wake her so we could make the 9am service. And our Pastor Jackie had a great service. We still have not made it through one entire service yet but she is getting better!! Then we went to church with my mom and again Farrah did not make it through the service. But deep down I love it!! I love it that I know which cry is which and that when she is fussy people give her to her mommy and she settles right down. All day everyone wanted to see her and Farrah only had eyes for mommy!! I LOVE it!! James did an amazing job with my Mother's Day gift! He gave me this beautiful ring with Farrah's birthstone. James told me that he wanted to give me a gift that I would one day pass on to Farrah, like on her wedding day. What a great thought James!! We went to my sister, Shawna's house for lunch where she and I made lunch for my mom and my meme. It was so neat to see so many ladies at the table who have had such an impact in my life. They truly know ALL the heartache that I've gone through. All the tears and laughter. What wonderful women of God I have been raised by and grown up with. I know Shawna is younger then me but she is so wise and such a good mom and I love that as her big sister I get to look up to her on being a mommy!!

And to all my wonderful girl friends, thank you for being such a great example of ladies!! You are all truly amazing mother's and I am blessed to be in the club!!

This was the best Mother's day ever!!

Mommy and Farrah



Farrah sporting her WAY to cute outfit!!

2 comments:

Misti said...

I know how excited you were today and I am SO happy for you! Farrah looked ADORABLE!!! She is a very lucky little lady to have YOU for a Mommy! Happy FIRST Mother's Day my sweet friend! Love ya!

Melissa said...

Your Little Girl is adorable! Happy Late Mother's Day. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Melissa