Monday, May 25, 2009

A fun weekend in Ruidoso

We had a great time in Ruidoso! We left early Friday morning, during Farrah's nap time, and she did great. We only stopped two times! She is still very easy to travel with, thank goodness! On Friday we just hung out. It rained pretty much all day and was wonderful. That afternoon James and dad got to do some fishing and Farrah took a really good nap. I think the cool mountain air and rain really helped her! The girls went shopping and the boys stayed behind to fish some more. I thought it would be great because we had a stroller and could do anything. Ruidoso is not very stroller friendly, but we managed. We had a great time of visiting and laughing and playing a lot of card games. James and my mom are the funnest to watch. There is a lot of trash talking going on between these two! I don't dare try to join in, it's to much fun to watch!! So after hours of cards we would finally go to bed and wake up the next day and the trash talking would start again. Oh what fun. We went to Cloudcroft and did a little shopping. I was much smarter with this shopping trip. I had a baby carrier that was strapped on so Farrah could see and she LOVED it. That's the way to shop with this little one. And she got a ton of comments!
After dinner every night I took Farrah for a walk. She was so relaxed and just took everything in. The last night we found the ducks and she wasn't really sure what to do with them. The ducks would get close and she would just start kicking her legs and going crazy. They would get close and she would raise her eyebrows at them. She was way to cute to watch!! We had a really great time!!



Feeding the ducks



I just think this is the sweetest picture of Farrah



One last story. If any of you know my father you know he is a very patient man. On our many feeding the duck occasions my dad wanted so badly to have a duck eat out of his hand. He got pretty close a couple of times but no success. This is the closest the duck would come to him. He is a little "big"!! I love watching him hold Farrah. His hands are so big and she just looks at him...not quite sure what to think of him yet. Growing up everyone was afraid of him until they met him and then he became your best friend. He's just a big teddy bear!!

3 comments:

The Louders said...

Sounds like y'all had a fabulous weekend away. I'm so glad!!! Love the pics...sweet, sweet, sweet!!
I too sure sleep well in that mountain air, Farrah!! And the walks are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! I bet your parents really enjoyed the quality time with Farrah, and you and James of course! Isn't it funny how it changes when you have kids. Well, I would really like to hold Miss Farrah this week. I love that picture of her in the carrier. What a sweetie pie

mandal said...

What fun!! Great memories!! Sweet pics:)