Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011....Hello 2012!

This past year has been quite a year! It's been hard but great at the same time. James and I were talking about 2011 the other day and I think we are both happy for this year to be over with.

This year I've had three surgery's. One surgery for fertility reasons and two different shoulder surgery's. Our fertility surgery seems like it was so long ago that it's hard to believe it was even this year. After surgery we had three rounds of fertility treatments with no success. It was a rough year with this but James and I learned so much about each other and ourselves. We finally figured why we've had trouble having children of our own and that in itself was refreshing. We really have no control of this and it was such a blessing to finally understand why.

In August, I had my right shoulder operated on and did rehab and in October, I turned around and had surgery on the left shoulder. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone..haha!! I've had to learn to slow down and to ask for help which is very hard for me to do.

Farrah has grown a ton this year. Farrah is talking more and more everyday. Her vocabulary is surprising! Everyone she talks to thinks she's about four and she's only two. She has grown so tall, so tall that all her pants are a little short...haha! She has taught me so much this year. I love that I can learn so much from someone so little!

This has been a year of learning for me which has been hard. I'm trying to learn to be comfortable with who I am. It's hard for me because I'm such a people pleaser. I've been this way my whole life. I've always gone above and beyond for other people no matter the cost to myself. I hate to disappoint people and saying no is real hard for me. This year, I've discovered that not everyone else is that same way. I've had to put my family first and just say no, and I'm so glad I have. The three of us have become so much closer as a family and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

I'm looking forward for 2012. I'm excited to see what it has in store for my family. I know change is in the air and that excites me! Happy New Year from the Fortner's!!!

No comments: