Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rainbow Ballerina

Last night Farrah had her first dance recital!  It was the sweetest thing to watch!  Her song was Rainbow Ballerina and it was a ballet.  To be honest Farrah wasn't very excited to do ballet, she wanted to do tap...haha!  I think after she did her rehearsal she was excited to just be on stage.

This dance thing was fun but a little stressful!  The doors opened at 5:30 pm so I got there at 5:15 not knowing what to expect and OH MY GOODNESS!  This place was a madhouse!  Once the doors opened it was every man for themselves.  People were running and fighting over seats.  I have never seen anything like this in my life!

Thankfully I had some really good seats and spent an hour guarding them...Haha!!  At one point Farrah tells me she needed to go potty and I looked at her and had no idea what to do.  Do I leave my seats and take the chance of getting them taken?  Do I let her go potty by herself? (I only thought this for a quick second....I promise!)  I got the guts up to ask a (what I thought was a sweet little lady and quickly realized I was wrong) lady in front of me.  I told her that my daughter needed to go potty and if she minded looking after my seats (because I would do this for someone else.)  She looked at me and said "It's against the rules to save seats!!"  My look of horror was all over my face I'm sure so I nodded my head and said "Your absolutely right!"  She grabbed my arm and said she was just joking but I knew better!  I turned to Farrah who at the time is doing the potty dance and found a friend who offered to take Farrah to the restroom....thank you Ms. Heather!!  Needless to say these dance people mean business when it comes to saving seats!!

After I looked at the program to see where Farrah would dance I realized we were smack dab in the middle of the program.  I think there were 32 dances in front of Farrah and she was AFTER the intermission.  James was so happy....haha!!  Once the show began I took Farrah back to get dressed and she was so excited!  In the past, I had helped my niece get ready for dance recitals so I knew what to expect.  This was a little different in the fact that there was no A/C in the backstage area.  We were melting and these poor little girls were whining and crying about being so hot and sweating their makeup off.  Luckily I found a box fan and had Farrah stand in front of it so she wouldn't pass out.

After I checked her in I went back to the show and watched my baby girl sing and dance her little heart out!  It was truly a moment I will never forget!  After all the years of heartache of infertility I sat there watching my precious daughter.  All the heartache went away and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  To sit there and watch her was priceless!

I hope I will always watch her in a way that makes me enjoy the moment.  All the stress, dance lessons and hard work Farrah has put into this dance makes it all worth it.  After I picked her up she ran into my arms and gave me a great big hug and asked "How did I do mommy?"  My response "Baby, I'm so proud of you!!  You dance and sang so loud!!"  After that she ran into her daddy's arms and he gave her a big bouquet of flowers and she gave him a great big hug and said "Thank you daddy!  Can I do this again next year?"  Of course baby!!


Lined up and ready to dance!!


Farrah LOVED being on stage!  (second from the left)


A very proud mommy and daddy!!


No comments: