Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Vacation and Great Wolf Lodge!

This Christmas my mom and dad surprised us with a family vacation to the Great Wolf Lodge!  The kids were so excited and so were the adults...haha!

James and I decided to take a weekend vacation before everyone came.  We left Friday and the rest of my family was coming to DFW on Sunday.  James had to get back to work by Tuesday so he flew home Monday evening.

We really wanted it to be a family fun weekend.  Farrah does great shopping for a little while but after a couple of hours she gets bored.  We hadn't taken her to the Fort Worth Zoo yet so we did that on Saturday.  She loved the zoo!  And it was the perfect time of year to go!  The weather was perfect and the zoo wasn't crowded at all.  We were able to take our time and go at Farrah's pace.  We saw all the animals and Farrah was actually able to see everything.  Instead of having to push through or just pass by.

I'm always amazed at God's creativity when he made all the animals.  It was fun to slow down and REALLY look at the animals.  We asked Farrah all kinds of questions about the animals and it was pretty comical to hear her answers.







On Sunday while we waited for everyone to arrive I wanted to take Farrah to the American Girl store.  That place was so crazy!  I had no idea what to expect and I was very surprised!  There was a section where you could pay to have your doll's hair done!! I have never seen anything like this in my life!  Then I saw the price of the doll and had a small heart attack!  James told me to buy her one and then he said heck no!  I'm sure Farrah will get one one day but not at four years old.  She will have to be a lot more responsible before that happens.  


The next day we headed to the Great Wolf Lodge and had a BLAST!!  Farrah was so excited because this time she was able to ride all the big slides!  She LOVED the slides!  I had an appointment one day and I'm pretty sure she wore my brother out by riding the big slides over and over....hahaha!

The big kids are old enough to walk around the hotel by themselves so I had to be creative with Farrah.  While the big kids played the hidden jewel game Farrah and I went to the clock tower and heard story time and then they made it "snow" inside.  Farrah thought that was pretty awesome!  After story time I found an easel where Farrah could color and she stayed there for the longest time.








The next night was New Year's Eve and the Great Wolf had a great party for the kids!  There was a magician, balloon artist's, face painting, bouncy houses and all kinds of noise makers!




And the best part at the end of the day was Farrah passed out....HARD!!!


Thanks for the great Christmas gift mom and dad!!!!

No comments: