Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 in Review....

Happy New Year!  To be honest I'm kinda glad to say goodbye to 2013.  It was a year of change for us and this was a hard year.  Don't get me wrong we've made some great memories and made some major changes in our family but sometimes change is just hard.  Major things that happened to us this year were.....James started a new job with Chevron, Farrah is in Pre-K and we built a house.

Here are some of the highlights of 2013

 Farrah turned four!



We slowed down and played in the rain....a lot!


James' goal for 2013 was to learn something new so he learned how to play the guitar this year.


Farrah completed food therapy.


We had a wonderful Easter.


Watched my niece, Quinn and her softball team make it to Regionals.  Quinn had an AMAZING year!  She had six home runs, All Area, All District and All State 3rd baseman.


James and I had the pleasure of meeting New York Giant's Spencer Paysinger.  We had so much fun getting to hang out with him for a couple of days.


Farrah went on her first camping trip with Lula and Poppa.


Farrah learned how to swim by herself this year.  She doesn't need a lifejacket anymore!


Farrah had a great soccer season.....31 goals for the season!


Watched my niece, Reagan, excel in cross country.


Built our house.


Farrah started Pre-K.


Farrah earned her first bike by not sucking her thumb anymore.


Said goodbye to James' assistant, Sharon.  James started his new job with Chevron!


Loved seeing our favorite internationals, Norm and Grace Barnes!


We took Farrah to her first concert.


LOVED going to the Texas Tech football games!


My favorite picture this year....



The one thing I have learned this year is to slow down.  Slow down and enjoy the little things.  I have seen some really amazing sunsets this year just by slowing down.


I can't wait to see what 2014 holds for our family.  I truly believe 2014 will be our year of the Lord's promises coming forth and that excites me!


No comments: