Thursday, October 24, 2013

Farrah ask's about her adoption

I was looking through all the pictures on my phone the other day and decided I needed to post them so I woundn't forget. Farrah is at such a fun age right now.

She's really putting things together right now. The other night we were eating dinner and Farrah was asking about moms. "Nana, is you mom, mommy and Lula is daddy's mom....right?" "Yes honey"...then she surprised us both with saying "I have two moms. I have a birth mom and my real mom." James looked at her and told her..."Yes, baby your right." I was to emotional to speak at the moment. Emotional, because we are proud of where she came from and we want her to be as well. We've always wanted Farrah to know that she was adopted. We never wanted it to be a secret because we felt that that was apart of her story and her journey. We have books that we read that talks about adoption and I tell her about her birth mom. Up until now she has never asked or even spoken about it. I just thought it hadn't clicked yet or she did quite understand yet. It taught me a lesson though....your children are listening and watching, even when you think they're not.

Farrah hasn't said anything else about her adoption but she is asking about when she's going to get a little brother or sister. I asked her the other day if she wanted mom to have a baby in her tummy or adopt and she said "Adopt!" I asked her why and she told me "Daddy, doesn't want your tummy big! He would be mad!" I just started laughing and told her "That daddy DOES want mommy's tummy big." She's not convinced...haha!!

Now for the photo display...

A couple of weeks ago we saw our friends from the UK, Norman and Grace Barnes.  They were such a vital part in praying for Farrah to come and her adoption.  We were sad to hear that they will come to the states one more time next year and then retire in the UK.  We have plans to see them when they're here for an anniversary celebration.


Farrah's BFF's, Molly and Jack.  These three are so fun together!


Farrah started dance last week and was so excited to find out that Heather was going to be her teacher and her friend, Selah was in her class.


This picture cracks me up....Farrah wanted to go outside and play.  She had morning chores to do before she could play outside but decided she didn't want to.  So this was her reaction....haha!!


Farrah loves playing in my bathtub.  She was giving her babies a bath in my "swimming pool."


Farrah has been doing great a soccer this season!  She scored five goals this last game and for the season so far she has scored 19 goals!!


1 comment:

Laura C. Brandenburg said...

Sweet blog! Her comment made me tear up!