Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!!  We started off with my favorite splurge....donuts and then it was off to church.  At our church they always do a great job making mom's feel special.  For the past couple of years instead of giving every mom a small gift they started passing out raffle tickets and giving three bigger prizes for each service....and this year I WON $50!!  I was so surprised!
 

 We headed to Levelland for lunch with my family and had a great time.  This year my mom invited some couples that their children weren't in town and didn't want them to be alone so they joined us and it was so fun!  These three couples have been so important to my family over the years.  The funny part was Farrah had a captive audience.  She had five different grandmothers full attention and she took full advantage of it...haha!!


I am so blessed to have my Meme still living near by and to have her with us was so special.  Farrah has three great grandparents still living!  We are blessed by all three of them.


After lunch we headed back to Lubbock to have dinner with the Fortner's.  We always have so much fun when James' family gets together.  


I am surrounded by such incredible women and mothers.  So blessed by my mom, sister, mother-in-law, sisters-in-law and grandmothers.....I truly have the greatest family!!



No comments: