Sunday, June 21, 2009

1st Father's Day

What a wonderful first Father's Day. My goal for James' gift was to find something that him and Farrah could do together. So I went to his favorite sport's store, Academy and bought him all of his favorite outdoor activities. Just in a smaller size for Farrah. So he got a Texas Tech basketball, a pink bat and ball, a pink and black baseball glove, a purple and yellow football, a pink and white soccer ball, a pink Barbie fishing pole and a pink "pop" gun. Yes, I bought my daughter a toy gun. When James opened this he looked a little confused, but he quickly figured what this was all about. These are all activities he loves to do and will love teaching Farrah one day as well. The only thing I couldn't find was a small bow and arrow and a small kiddy golf set. But I promise those will be added to the collection.

James you are one amazing husband and we both prayed for the day we would be parents. It blesses my heart to finally see you as a father and a wonderful one I might add. I love seeing you hold our daughter and praying over her. I love listening to the monitor of you talking to her and telling her what a blessing she is to both of us. I love that you kiss her first when you leave and then me. You are so in love with this precious little girl and she is sooooooo in love with you. Happy Father's Day!!!

James and I were both blessed with wonderful fathers. To my dad, I always loved being your little girl. Even when I have my own children I'm still your little girl and will always be. Thank you for all the encouraging words through my life and being a true example of what a father and husband should really should be.

And to my Father-in-law, Jim. You raised not only one incredible son but four, but I'm only going to talk about one. Thank you for being an incredible father to James. I know he talks a lot about you when he was younger and how tender hearted you are. Not all sons have good memories about their father's but James has wonderful memories about you.

We love you dads both so much and are honored to call you father!!

James had just met Farrah!


James' first Father's Day!


Dandy talking to Farrah



Papa Jim and Farrah

1 comment:

miss amy said...

she is so BIG! I love the picture of her and James on father's day! precious! God uses stories like yours to encourage me in the midst of all of the heartbreak i see. my heart is blessed every time i read a new story or see a new picture of your beautiful girl...you are doing a wonderful job!!