Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer fun!

I've not been able to write all the posts I had planned all summer so here are the clip notes of our summer.  I promise I will be better about this in the future!  I can't believe school starts in a couple of weeks...kinda glad to have a schedule back! 

The thing we've done the most this summer is swim!  I enrolled Farrah into two different swimming lessons this summer.  I am so glad I did this!  The first session, Farrah learned to get comfortable with the water again and just played and had fun.  The second session she really learned some good techniques on swimming.



Farrah was also a flower girl for the first time!  She was so precious and I was so proud of her!  She walked down that aisle like a pro.....her daddy doesn't want to see her walking down an aisle for another 25 years...haha! 

I went on a mission trip to my favorite country in the world, Czech Rep!  I had the honor of taking my niece, Quinn, on her very first mission trip.  It was so fun seeing the world through her eyes.  James and I can't give our nieces and nephews lavish gifts so our gift for them is hopefully the love for other nations and God's people. 




We've played a lot at the parks...such great and cheap entertainment!



We had a dance party at Church on the Rock's family fun night!  These girls are so much fun and this is only half of them.  We are surrounded by little girls and it is so much fun!



My mom and I surprised my sister with her favorite musical, The Sound Of Music, at the outdoor Moonlight Musical for her birthday.  So much fun!!



We've spent a lot of time outside just playing!  Farrah is the happiest outside.....just like her momma!  I think if we could live outside we would. 



We've had a great and busy summer.  It's also been one of the hardest summer's I've had.  I really feel like God is stretching me and closing doors that I so desperately want open.  Change is not always easy but it is always good! 

I've really learned to slow down this summer and just enjoy family.  I've also learned that I really have no control over anything but myself and my actions.  Now the challenge is teaching that lesson to Farrah...haha! 

No comments: