Sunday, July 29, 2012

Are you Eve??

This past week my bible study ladies and I started our new study and we're studying the "Bad Girls of the Bible."  I'm really excited about this study and can't wait to learn from them. 

This week we studied Eve and the fall.  I must say it was a pretty difficult study because it really made you examine you skeletons in your own closet.  It also had us looking what type of an influence we are to our family, friends, church and etc. and who influences us. 

Last night James and I had some family and friends over for the Olympic Opening Ceremony.  We has so much fun just visiting and eating.  This is when God taught me a lesson....don't you love that He can do that anytime and anywhere?!?!

I was making a dessert pizza and was offering a piece to a friend and didn't think anything about it.  She was telling me no, she didn't want a piece and I starting teasing her saying that one piece wouldn't hurt her.  My bible study friends totally called me out and called me "Eve." (Which I'm thankful they did!)  I just laughed it off and made a joke about it but later my friend said she was disappointed in herself cause she hadn't had any sugar in 12 days til tonight....the dessert pizza. 

I sat there and could hear God telling me I'm no different then Eve.  Instead of supporting my friend, I practically shoved dessert down her throat...yes, she ate the "apple" but I didn't support her eating habits and I was the "serpent" at that point.  Talk about feeling crappy! 

Then in got me thinking.  I don't want to be person who negatively persuades her friends or family.  I want to speak life into them!  I want to be sensitive to what my friends and family are going through and love them through it.  I also want to surround myself with people who will support me through my "trials." 

I learned a lot this week and I want to be a better person for it!  I want to be a mom that Farrah will be proud of.  A wife that James will be proud of.  A daughter my mom and dad will be proud of.  A sister my brother, Lance and sister, Shawna will be proud of.  And the rest of the many hats I wear....daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, Aunt and friend. 

I can't wait to see what I'm going to learn this week from Potiphar's wife!

No comments: