Sunday, April 15, 2012

Czech bound!!

When James and I went on our first mission trip years ago, we came home with the idea of taking each of our nephews and nieces with us. So this year I have the chance to take my niece, Quinn! I'm so excited to see what God is going to do through Quinn.

We are going to the X-Large camp in the Czech Republic. This camp is an English speaking camp aimed at youth. There will be different classes these kids can sign up for.....English, sports, dance, art and more. I chose this trip for Quinn because we are working with kids her own age and I know she'll be able to relate to these kids so easily!

In years past, we've come through some sort of spiritual attack. The first year, my body was attacked physically. I had to have ACL surgery on my knee six weeks before our trip. The second year, our marriage was attacked. The third year, our family was attacked with the result of a miscarriage. I know to be prepared for attacks, but when those attacks come you never know which area of your life will be affected.

The hard part is I'm already feeling the attacks. It seems like my person is being attacked...does that make sense?? It's who I am. I'm a wife, mommy, daughter, sister and friend. I don't really seem to fit in anywhere right now. So it's a little lonely. But I do know one thing.....I will be a better person when I walk this journey but in the meantime it's really hard.

Today I was laying in bed and Farrah and James were with me and all I could think is how blessed I am! Those two people are the two most important people in my life and those two are all I really need! I love my mom and dad, sister and brother and family but who I really am is a wife and mommy. God gave me this calling a long time ago and it's such an honor to have them.

This year is a hard year for me now that I have Farrah. I have never been away from James for fourteen days much less Farrah! I'm just such a planner and I need to have everything in place before I go to make it easier on Farrah, James, my mom and Jean.

Thank you for all your prayers and support! I couldn't go on this trip without your help!

This past weekend we had a great time with our team going to Czech! (This is only a portion of our team)

No comments: