Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I must say 2010 was great but I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us as a family. I personally learned so much in 2010 about me, my family, my friends and life in general. I would have to say 2010 was hard but in a good way.

I have fallen flat on my face so many times but thankfully I have wonderful friends and family to pick me back up. I will also say this has been one of the most insecure years I've had as well. I have struggled from everything from my relationships with my friends and with my own self. Am I good enough? Have I done enough? Do I do the right thing? Am I a good mom, wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, aunt and friend? I wear a lot of hats....ha!!

Thankfully God has lead me to the truth, all of it and good, bad and ugly. So for 2011 I am looking for freedom! Back in 2009 I knew our family was about to change and I didn't know exactly how but I knew it was going to be big and oh my was it BIG. Farrah was just what we needed and I have the exact same feeling for this year so I know this year is leading to big things this year and I can't wait to see what it holds.

One of the things that will be big for us this year is we are trying for a baby again! The end of this month I will be having surgery for fertility reasons and I am so excited! After 10 years of no answers we finally have some answers and that brings me so much peace. My biggest prayer is of course complete healing for both me and James but a year of no worries. A year to understand and grasp that I am not in control and to truly give this all to God. I don't have all the answers but I can find peace with whatever this years holds for us.

And lastly in 2011 I want to be comfortable just being me. For so long I have listened to so many lies about who I was that I started to believe those lies and I feel like I am finally finding me. The girl my parents love. The girl that makes my husbands heart do flip flops. The sister and friend that my sister, sister-in-laws and girlfriends can totally trust. To encourage and compliment women. So many times I don't encourage or compliment my own friends or family and that has to stop!

This was not the blog I had intended...Ha! I was going to write about the amazing weekend I had with my husband for New Years so I guess that will come later. So for now Happy New Year and I hope 2011 is everything you hope for!

1 comment:

The Louders said...

I love your post. My heart can relate, some of your "goals" for 2011 are also mine. God's definitely already been working in me, and it's only the 3rd day of the year. He ain't messin' around, and I'm so thankful! You know I pray for you, and this year I will continue...I believe 2011 is going to be a year of healing, joy, and assurance. Love you!