Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Moving on up...

Eleven years ago James and I were blessed with our first home. I remember driving around and looking at different houses and we couldn't find anything we liked that wasn't run down or it was not in a great neighborhood. We prayed for God to lead us to the perfect house and he led us to the one we live in now and we have so many great memories! It's hard to believe that we were so young when we bought this house. James was 22 and I was 20! Like I said all the memories we have here are amazing. This is our last full week here and I'm having mixed emotions about leaving here. We have done alot of work on this house from tile, to staining the concrete to painting and painting and painting. I love to paint! There was a joke for a while that I painted at least one room different every year. James teases me that if he ever stripped the walls there would be five inches of different color of paint.

The hardest part is leaving all the memories behind. We have had so many parties, 4th of July, birthday parties, we have brought puppies to this home, we have buried loved pets in the backyard and the hardest part is we lost two babies in this home. We brought our baby girl home to this house. I know those memories will never go away but I won't be able to show Farrah this house and her room anymore. She learned so much in this house, she learned to roll and crawl and walk in this house. I know we will make more memories in our new home and we are excited about that.

Our current home is 930 square feet (perfect first home for two) and we are building a house that is over 2,000 square feet! We have so much room that we won't know what to do with all of it. We are leaving a two bedroom house and moving to a four bedroom house. We have truly been blessed and can't wait for the next chapter in life.

Here are some pictures of the new house!



Part of my kitchen. It is so much bigger then my current kitchen. I don't know what I'm going to do with all this space!



Living room.



When we are all settled in I will post more pics!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! Congratulations! It's definitely bitter sweet. I always struggle finding the balance in holding on to things for sentimental reasons and wanting new and different all the time.
Can't wait for more pictures!

Monica Curry said...

YAY! I'm so glad I got to see it today...it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! And It will be even better when your stuff is in there...it will be home! So excited for ya'll!