Monday, February 2, 2009

16 years!!

This weekend we went out of town with some friends of ours and had a great time. While on the way there James asked me if I remembered what this weekend meant. Of course I do!!! This was the weekend that James proposed to me. That was twelve years ago. This was also the anniversary that James and I started dating. We have been together sixteen years!!!! Wow how time flies! It all started at Christmas in 1996. For Christmas James bought me skis and I was super excited because that is one of the many things that James and I really enjoy doing together. I had no clue what was going on but my brother knew the entire time!! Lance told my parents if James asked Jennifer to go skiing for the weekend let her. Of course my parents wanted to know why and Lance told them but he made them promise not to say anything. James proposed on the mountain top of Anglefire NM. We went skiing and I wanted to have our picture taken and he said let's do it later. So if you ski you know by the end of the day you look like crap from skiing all day. Well we were done skiing and leaving and James wanted to go get pictures taken. I was not feeling it because I did not look my best anymore. So he finally talked me into it and up we went. So we find a lady to take our pictures and James reaches in his pocket. I did not think anything about that and then all of a sudden James gets down on one knee and asks me to be his wife!! Wow what an amazing day!! I of course said yes after I ask him if he was serious...James LOVES that part. Yes, I asked him if he was serious and all he could say is "I'm on one knee and your asking me if I'm serious??" Sorry honey!! So after all that I learned that James had set this up the entire time. And then I figured out that James skied ALL DAY with my ring in his pocket!! Do I have an amazing husband or what??!! Here is a picture of when James asked me to be his wife.

2 comments:

The Louders said...

What a great story!! And by the way, I'm diggin' your ski jacket! Snazzy, Jenn! :)

mandal said...

I can't believe it's been 16 years! It was good to see y'all again today! We should do that more often. And I do love your ski jacket!!