Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stressed!!!

I don't even know where to begin!! We are leaving next week for Europe and I have so many things to get done and not enough time. We were told last night that we would be speaking about "Hearing the Voice of God". What a great topic. I think it finally hit me though that they want ME to speak as well. I'm really freaking out about this. I'm great about James speaking but not me. Last night when we got home I started reading the teaching manuals and there is so much info. Give me someone one on one and I love it, but not 75-100 people. Also to add to the stress...we won't have any down time when we arrive in Poland. Usually we are able to eat something and go to bed and start classes the next day, not this year. We fly for a full 24hours, step off the plane and two hours later we start teaching the classes that night. I know that God is stretching me and I know when stretching happens it's for a great change in me. Another stress is we have no clothes. Poland is VERY cold and Lubbock does not sell any real winter clothes. So my goal this weekend is to find real winter clothes. And we were also told last night that we can only take a 22inch suitcase a piece with a 30pound limit for two weeks!!! I'm really stressed about that. If anyone has any packing ideas I could really use your help. Thanks to Abby for letting us borrow your space bags for packing. Did I mention this also includes our toiletries and linens as well as clothes and coats!! Ok Father...calm me down...This is all for You and your glory not mine!!! Remind me of this everyday!! James and I both have a ton of work and I know that James will be working late every night to get everything done. He has all kinds of reports, budget meetings and payroll all before we leave. So I guess the best way to pray for us right now is for good quality time and great time management. We also need prayer for the trip. We usually start getting attacked by the enemy before we go and they are on full blast right now!! So pray for health, supernatural strength and peace of mind. Thanks for your prayer's and support. I will let you know before we go if we need anything else prayed for.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you guys. I hope this is a great trip, and even though stretching isn't always fun it is usually necessary. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help. I have a few sweaters you are more than welcome to if you would like.

Paige Allen said...

I am praying for you! Let me know if I can help...I actually taught PI's hearing God's voice, so if you want any of my thoughts or notes on how I taught it just let me know! Also, you can do the 22" suitcase - I promise. i did it for 3 weeks this summer...granted, it wasn't big coats, but we made it work...I recommend laying everything out that you want to take & then pack it...see how much doesn't fit & then start there with the cutting of clothes...oh, my other suggestion is to choose either brown or black & make everything revolve aroudn that...this limits shoes & accessories...only black shoes or brown...call me if you need more tips...

Leslie said...

I have no great packing tips like Paige, but I will pray! You are going to be awesome at speaking! Just let your heart come out, and you will do great!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for both of you. Have a great trip!

Liz said...

Be Anxious for nothing.......
what does that even mean????
lol
love you. have a wonderful trip!
I will be happy to come and sit on the suitcase so you can come and zip up!