Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Great weekend!

I really don't know how to start this blog. I have written the first sentence three times and deleted it three times..so here it goes. This past weekend we had a wonderful conference for the ladies of our church. We had a couple of break out sessions and they were amazing. Kelsey I just want to tell you how much you blessed my heart on Saturday when you were telling the story of Heath and Madison. Heath comes home everyday and tells Madison who is seven months..You are the most beautiful girl in the world ok? ok! And then Kelsey said that is what our heavenly father tells us everyday so why don't we believe it? So after Kelsey's talk she had face paint markers and we went around the room and shared with the girls about what we see in them and their beauty. I can't describe the feeling that you have when other girls tell you how special you are to them. And then to turn around and tell them how special they are to you. What a blessing and a very small way to see how your Father loves you. And then later that day I went to here Paige talk about marriage. That was great as well. I know how much James loves me and I know how much I take him for granted as well. Paige just made me really think about the struggles that all marriages have. And how I compete with James. Here's an example...James might say that he was busy at work all day and then I would turn around and say...well I was busy as well and I didn't have a lunch!! So just realizing that I don't need to compete with James but I need to encourage him. That is not one of my strength's as his wife and I really want to change that. It was really neat last night I was sitting at Kelsey's house waiting for her small group to start and Heath came in and said "James is my hero"!! It made me realize that James is a hero and he is not only my hero but his friends as well. What an awesome husband I have!! After the workshop's the ladies had a ministry time. We were able to pray for them for whatever problem they were having. Just so you know this makes me a little nervous. I don't know why but I'm not very confident when it comes to praying out loud for people. I don't mind praying for you all day when I'm by myself, so it just touched my heart that ladies wanted ME to pray for them. And then on Sunday morning Pastor Jackie asked church leaders to come and pray for people who needed prayer. I have always had James pray for everybody because he is just amazing at this. But on Sunday morning I had two ladies come up and wanting prayer and for the first time I felt like I wanted to pray for them. I usually just make James start and then I might finish but that day James took the back seat and just prayed softly while I prayed. After we finished praying I turned around and James was behind me and he just winked at me. I love him!! So all this to say what an amazing weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a fabulous weekend! I almost cried just thinking about Heath whispering in Madi's ear. I love that this is how God wants to speak to us.

Liz said...

AWWWWWWW! Love the FORTNERS!!! Thanks for sharing!