Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving is year. It was super busy but we enjoyed every minute of it. We started with lunch with James' family. We went to James' brother house and loved seeing his family. I love have such big families with little kids running around. Farrah was worn out, which I was thankful for...haha!

After lunch we came home and napped Farrah and ourselves before my families Thanksgiving. I love cooking for everyone and this year I made the homemade cornbread stuffing. Last year I wanted to learn how to make homemade pies, crust and all, and my 90 year old grandmother stood in my kitchen for three hours teaching me how to make pies. This year, I wanted to make the stuffing so my mom told me the recipe that has been used for many generations. I love family recipes!

This Thanksgiving was such a fun one for us but I can't help for being very thankful this year. I am so thankful for both our families but most of all for my little family. Farrah is growing so much and there is not a day that goes by that she just makes me smile and thank God for her! I'm incredibly blessed by a wonderful husband who always puts my needs before mine and Farrah's.

This has been a rough year but a great one at the same time. Thankful for so much!

No comments: